Subject: Re: bug#48659: Escapes are deleted after executing "dired-toggle-read-only" in *Find* buffer

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 20:49:40 +0200

Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> writes:

> wdired-normalize-filename doesn't handle "\\ ".

I have two questions:

(1) Although a comment before `wdired-normalize-filename' tells that
"This code is a copy of some dired-get-filename lines.", the unquoting
stuff seems to be implemented differently than in `dired-get-filename'.
Could we reuse the code from that function?  `dired-get-filename'
doesn't seem to delete the spaces from the file names.

(2) AFAICT your commit (that I had cited above) addressed the comment
from Stefan he had added to the definition of
`wdired-normalize-filename':

   ;; FIXME: shouldn't we check for a `b' argument or somesuch
   ;; before doing such unquoting?  --Stef

Can we delete that comment?  That check is performed now and the
function receives the result as an argument UNQUOTEP now.

Thanks,

Michael.