Subject: bug#48659: Escapes are deleted after executing "dired-toggle-read-only" in *Find* buffer

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 16:01:49 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I cannot reproduce this.  Which version of Emacs is this, and on what
> platform/OS?  Also, does the problem happen for you in "emacs -Q"?

I can reproduce the issue with my Emacs master built as described by the
OP using emacs -Q.

For me only file names that were actually edited get the space char
removed (master may behave differently here because wdired had been
changed recently to avoid the initial delay in large dired buffers when
entering wdired, that may have an effect, but I don't expect it's
related otherwise).

If I have a file line

 a\ b

and change it to

 aa\ b

and confirm, the resulting name will be

 aab

with the space removed.  It's not only the buffer where the name is
printed incorrectly - the file name has indeed been changed incorrectly.

Michael.