Subject: bug#48654: Overfull hbox, Unicode code points style (display.texi)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 20:21:38 +0300

> From: Sebastian Urban <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 17:24:44 +0200
> 
> Changes are in the attached DIFF file (DISPLAY.DIFF).
> 
> As for the "overfull hbox", in the end I decided to simply add a
> discretionary hyphen (@-) after 2nd hyphen (when I added it after
> every hyphen, the line was broken after 2nd hyphen). Alternatively,
> someone will have to rearrange the sentence.
> 
> As for Unicode code points it was decided to use "U+NNNN @sc{char
> name}", so I adjusted all of them.

Please use the exact names of the characters as they appear in the
UnicodeData.txt file.

Also, why remove @code{..} from the "U+NNNN" notation -- what does
that solve?

> Finally, in a different file - FIXIT.TEXI - there is line 356, where
> the word "dictionary" uses a discretionary hyphens - are they used
> somewhere?  Because, in the PDF there is no line breaking for this
> sentence and if it's correct, perhaps adding this word to
> DOCSTYLE.TEXI would be a better option.

It depends on surrounding text: if the word gets close to a line
break, we want it to break correctly.