Subject: [bug#48637] [PATCH] website: Add publications page

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 11:40:49 +0200

Hello!

Luis Felipe <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Friday, May 28, 2021 11:06 AM, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> I see that you want to keep it open to non-academic publications, which
>> is a good idea. I wonder if there should be a visual distinction
>> between peer-reviewed scientific articles, journal articles, and other
>> types of publications?

[...]

> From ef4e97ec9a49e65d70c9ba8d4c1926b2eeec2cba Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Luis Felipe <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 14:17:03 -0500
> Subject: [PATCH] website: publications: Add publication type.
>
> * website/apps/media/types.scm (<publication>): Add "type" field.
> * website/apps/media/data.scm (publications): Specify publication types.
> * website/apps/media/templates/components.scm (publication->shtml): Show
> publication type.

Pushed, thanks!

Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> skribis:

> The patch looks good, but how would people out of science understand what's a conference paper, or the difference between an article and a journal article? Are there better terms?

I was wondering whether we should just distinguish between “scientific
papers” (peer-reviewed, be it conference papers, journals, or book
chapters) and other publications.

Perhaps a visual cue for scientific publications, such as an English
graduate cap, would be enough?

Ludo’.