Subject: Re: [bug#48637] [PATCH] website: Add publications page

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 12:00:18 +0200

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 10:03:01PM -0400, Julien Lepiller wrote:
> Le 25 mai 2021 16:16:42 GMT-04:00, Luis Felipe <[email-masked]> a écrit :
> >#:authors (G_ "Jane Roe, Eva Lua and Luis Felipe")
> 
> I think so, but I think we'll have to test, because I don't really know the i18n process either for the website ^^'

Yes, it is correct and the best way, but testing by running the
sexp-xgettext script is good too.

> >That's what I thought, and I was about to ask if it was possible to
> >have <date> and <authors> instead of <1> and <2>. I guess not...
> >
> >I need a course on the i18n system :)

I wanted the sexp-xgettext i18n system so developers would not have to
add a tag name to every element …  Well, we can use regexp helper
function find-empty-element like website/sexp-xgettext.scm uses at the
beginning of the deconstruct procedure:

(define (find-empty-element msgstr name)
  "Return the regex match structure for the empty tag for XML
element of type NAME inside MSGSTR.  If the element does not exist or
is more than the empty tag, #f is returned."
  (string-match (string-append "<" (regexp-quote name) "/>") msgstr))

and call it on a translation with G_, but I would prefer not to
increase code complexity in the website.

Regards,
Florian