Subject: [bug#48637] [PATCH] website: Add publications page

From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 22:03:01 -0400

Le 25 mai 2021 16:16:42 GMT-04:00, Luis Felipe <[email-masked]> a écrit :
>On Tuesday, May 25, 2021 7:58 PM, Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
>wrote:
>
>> Do we need to have a list for authors? Couldn't we have a single
>translatable string with all the authors, so it's easier to translate
>than having to translate a separator? I mean you could have weird rujes
>on separators. Even in English, you'd need an "and" for the last
>element, unless there's one author. Giving the full list of authors to
>translate gives the most freedom to translators.
>
>Hmm... As a scripter I'd prefer to use the list, but as a translator,
>I'd like to have complete control of the string... For the benefit of
>the latter, I think it's ok to use the string instead. So, when
>instancing a Publication record, the authors field would be simply like
>this?
>
>#:authors (G_ "Jane Roe, Eva Lua and Luis Felipe")

I think so, but I think we'll have to test, because I don't really know the i18n process either for the website ^^'

>
>
>> Also, please give context/comment to the last one, because it's not
>easy to guess what <1> in "Published <1> by <2>" would be :)
>
>That's what I thought, and I was about to ask if it was possible to
>have <date> and <authors> instead of <1> and <2>. I guess not...
>
>I need a course on the i18n system :)