Subject: Re: bug#48636: Gajim does not load the "close" icon on the chat window

From: "bdju" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 15:05:59 -0500

On Mon May 24, 2021 at 6:48 PM CDT, Joshua Branson via Bug reports for GNU Guix wrote:
>
> Other clues that the chat on irc disclosed:
> (org.gajim.Gajim:6250): Gtk-WARNING **: 14:31:46.574: Could not find the
> icon 'org.gajim.Gajim'. The 'hicolor' theme
> was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.
> 05/21/2021 14:31:46 (W) gajim.plugin_system Error while loading module:
> gtk-icon-theme-error-quark: Icon 'preferences-system' not present in
> theme Adwaita (0)
I have adwaita-icon-theme and hicolor-icon-theme in my system profile,
which I think makes some gtk stuff play nicer. I would suggest
installing them if you don't have them. Especially hicolor, since it's
mentioned in your error output. I also have gnome-themes-standard and
gnome-themes-extra, so those may also be worth installing if the other
things don't do the trick. IIRC some gtk themes don't stand completely
on their own, and so they'll have missing bits if you don't have some of
the basic ones like adwaita. It's also possible you don't have any icon
themes at all.
Perhaps the hicolor icons should be made a dependency so users don't
have to figure this out on their own. I recall another package getting
that treatment a while back.