Subject: [bug#48630] Acknowledgement ([PATCH] adds `ack' package and it's perl module dependency File::Next)

From: Gabriel Wicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 21:12:59 +0200

thanks for the advice, i'll update and split the patch into a small
series soon!

the tests are deactivated because 3 of 841 fail. they seem to check
some kind of shebang #! paths. see this excerpt from the build log:

#   Failed test 'Util::sets_match( TEST_TYPE with -t perl )'
#   at t/ack-type.t line 43.

	# actual[
	#   't/swamp/0:1:#!/gnu/store/8zvc5mvk0xm3ygrxsgpyy5ilxb5rzjry-perl-5.30.2/bin/perl -w',
...
	# ]
	# expected[
	#   't/swamp/0:1:#!/usr/bin/perl -w',
...
	# ]

these lines are being ignored by the patch-generated-file-shebangs
phase, maybe because the #! aren't at the beginning of the line?

i'm a total novice in Perl, so i'm not sure what exactly is happening
there or why this is even tested.

should i try and add my own version of a patch-shebang after the
patch-generated-file-shebangs phase?