Subject: Re: bug#48629: 28.0.50; GUI emacsclient frames stop accepting keyboard input around recv

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 19:45:53 +0200

On Mai 24 2021, Basil L. Contovounesios wrote:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> or you are asking why it becomes stuck in recv for prolonged times?
>
> Not just prolonged, but indefinite.

But emacsclient is just waiting for the answer from Emacs, so it is
behaving as expected.  If you want emacsclient not to wait for it, use
--no-wait.

> I have yet to find a way to restore these graphical sessions to
> normal operation,

That must be something else, not related to emacsclient.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1
"And now for something completely different."