Subject: bug#48629: 28.0.50; GUI emacsclient frames stop accepting keyboard input around recv

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 18:12:05 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > or you are asking why it becomes stuck in recv for prolonged times?
>> 
>> Not just prolonged, but indefinite.  I have yet to find a way to restore
>> these graphical sessions to normal operation, so for my intents and
>> purposes they have completely hung, i.e. I presume there's a bug
>> somewhere that results in recv waiting for a message it will never
>> receive.
>
> OK, that's for our network experts, hope they will chime in soon...

Of course, rereading what I just wrote suggests it may be possible to
unblock recv by constructing and sending a message it can act on
somehow, as a temporary band-aid.

I don't yet know how to do that, though, and in the meantime my muscle
memory stupidly killed the hung session, so it'll have to wait until the
next time it happens.

Thanks,

-- 
Basil