Subject: Re: bug#48629: 28.0.50; GUI emacsclient frames stop accepting keyboard input around recv

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 17:56:24 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 17:14:58 +0100
>> 
>> Any ideas on what's wrong or how to further debug or fix this?
>
> You are asking why Emacs doesn't read keyboard input when it's stuck
> inside 'recv',

I assume that's because if recv blocks then Emacs can't get around to
reading keyboard input, but I know very little about these things so
please feel free to correct me or clarify.

> or you are asking why it becomes stuck in recv for prolonged times?

Not just prolonged, but indefinite.  I have yet to find a way to restore
these graphical sessions to normal operation, so for my intents and
purposes they have completely hung, i.e. I presume there's a bug
somewhere that results in recv waiting for a message it will never
receive.

Thanks,

-- 
Basil