Subject: bug#48628: tags-search fails to find all occurences and finds one that it shouldn't

From: "Bob Floyd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 11:03:26 -0700

I'm using the (as far as I know) the latest already-compiled-for-windows
(/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/emacs-28) - mostly because I don't wish the
hassle of figuring out the directions for compiling the master branch -
since long ago windows was 2nd class to the unix's doing so wasn't easy.
Perhaps it has improved?

Having said that, my test cases for reproducing this (#48107 and now #48628)
either aren't sufficient to be reproducible, or indeed were fixed. In both
these I'd say the only choice is to work with the master branch, and thus if
I can create a test case there is nothing more recent to say it would be
fixed in.

Sorry for the long-windedness, but do you have a URL for how to download and
compile the master branch for windows?

-----Original Message-----
From: Eli Zaretskii [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, June 6, 2021 4:02 AM
To: Bob Floyd
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: bug#48628: tags-search fails to find all occurences and finds
one that it shouldn't

> From: "Bob Floyd" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 09:02:54 -0700
> 
> 11. M-, (fileloop-continue) until reaching "All files processed"
> 
>    The matches are on lines:
> 
>    7, 25, 85, 102, 115, 121
> 
>    NOTE 115 is wrong, it is this line that does not contain "_cu"

With today's master branch, I'm unable to reproduce the problem: I
don't get the false match on line 115.

Are you still able to reproduce with the latest master branch?