Subject: bug#48622: closed (Re: [bug#48622] [PATCH core-updates 00/29] TeX Live 2020)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2021 22:27:02 +0000

Your bug report

#48622: [PATCH core-updates 00/29] TeX Live 2020

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
48622: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=48622
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#48622] [PATCH core-updates 00/29] TeX Live 2020
From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2021 00:26:04 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> skriver:

> Here it comes...  The much rumored TeX Live 2020 update!  And final
> GCC 10 blocker.

Pushed as 683eb7c5b1..f72a1253a1 !

For those following along at home, 7a06061662 (gnu: texlive-base:
Propagate texlive-kpathsea.) does not look correct to me, but let's
address that separately.

Patches that switch to GCC 10 will follow shortly.

Subject: [PATCH core-updates 00/29] TeX Live 2020
From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 16:40:48 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Here it comes...  The much rumored TeX Live 2020 update!  And final
GCC 10 blocker.

I haven't been able to test all the TeX users, as some are failing to
build on the 'core-updates' branch.  But of those that do build, there
is only a single regression from 'master' (hypre).

There are a couple of potential issues still.  One is that I don't
understand why shebang patching in 'simple-texlive-package' is
necessary.  IIRC the problem occured after Maxims texlive-union
refactoring, but I don't see why this update should affect that.

Another is that texlive-base propagates kpathsea just to get
'mktex.opt' into the texlive-updmap.cfg union.  I don't know what
caused this regression, but I'm sure there are better ways to deal with
that.  Help wanted, as I suffer from temporary TeX blindness!

Most of the new packages are intended to replace 'texlive-oberdiek'.
That's because texlive-oberdiek had problems in my original branch,
which preceded both Ricardos wip-texlive work and Maxims texlive-union
refactoring.  Oberdiek is no longer problematic(!), but it's nice to
have the smaller components in any case.

Finally, there are still indeterministic build failures in the various
TeX components.  I have about a 80% success rate.  :-/

And one more thing... TeX Live 2021 was released just a month ago.
I'm going to attempt a naive update once this is merged, but won't
bother if it requires more work than simply updating the hashes.

Marius Bakke (29):
  gnu: TeX Live: Update to 2020.0.
  gnu: Add texlive-latex-refcount.
  gnu: Add texlive-latex-bookmark.
  gnu: dblatex: Update to 0.3.12.
  gnu: simple-texlive-package: Fix shebang patching.
  gnu: Add texlive-latex-atveryend.
  gnu: Add texlive-latex-auxhook.
  gnu: Add texlive-latex-epstopdf-pkg.
  gnu: Add texlive-latex-hycolor.
  gnu: Add texlive-generic-infwarerr.
  gnu: Add texlive-generic-ltxcmds.
  gnu: Add texlive-latex-pdftexcmds.
  gnu: Add texlive-latex-letltxmacro.
  gnu: Add texlive-generic-atbegshi.
  gnu: Add texlive-generic-intcalc.
  gnu: Add texlive-generic-bigintcalc.
  gnu: Add texlive-generic-bitset.
  gnu: Add texlive-generic-etexcmds.
  gnu: Add texlive-generic-gettitlestring.
  gnu: Add texlive-generic-kvdefinekeys.
  gnu: Add texlive-generic-kvsetkeys.
  gnu: Add texlive-latex-kvoptions.
  gnu: Add texlive-generic-pdfescape.
  gnu: Add texlive-generic-uniquecounter.
  gnu: Add texlive-latex-rerunfilecheck.
  gnu: texlive-base: Propagate texlive-kpathsea.
  gnu: texlive-hyperref: Don't propagate texlive-oberdiek.
  gnu: texlive-graphics-def: Propagate missing dependency.
  gnu: dblatex: Remove unused TeX inputs.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   2 -
 gnu/packages/docbook.scm                      |  18 +-
 .../patches/texlive-bin-poppler-0.83.patch    |  52 --
 .../patches/texlive-bin-poppler-0.86.patch    |  17 -
 gnu/packages/tex.scm                          | 801 +++++++++++++-----
 guix/build-system/texlive.scm                 |   4 +-
 6 files changed, 596 insertions(+), 298 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/texlive-bin-poppler-0.83.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/texlive-bin-poppler-0.86.patch

-- 
2.31.1