Subject: bug#48604: Linux-libre 5.12.5 freezes

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 13:17:37 -0400

Hi,

Yusuf Talha via Bug reports for GNU Guix <[email-masked]> writes:
> hello.  i am using a librebooted thinkpad x200 laptop with gnu guix. 
> if i use the latest kernel on my system, my computer suddenly freezes
> without a reason after a while of usage.  it is probably a kernel
> panic.  older kernels don't have that problem.  i'd be glad if you fix
> this.  thank you for your attention.

FYI, linux-libre 5.12.4 also locked up on my Thinkpad X200, within a
minute of launching an Xorg session, and within a couple of minutes of
booting.  I only tried booting into that kernel once, and I didn't try
any other 5.12.x series kernel.

For now, I've switched to the 5.10.x series.  5.10.39 and 5.10.40 have
been working well for me.

Thanks for the report.

      Mark

-- 
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.