Subject: Re: pgg-gpg.el - pgg-gpg-process-region timing problem

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 10:51:24 -0400

> i am not sure how to proceed with this problem.  as demonstrated by
> the pggprob.el script, i consistently get encryption and decryption
> problems without the contrived delay in my pgg-gpg-process-region
> patch.  (the problem does not happen if i just do a regular
> pgg-decrypt - i think the crucial thing is that a symmetric passphrase
> is being passed into pgg-gpg-process-region.)

I haven't been able to reproduce this problem, so let me make sure I
understand your recipe correctly.

First, I create a buffer with the following contents

(setq passphrase "a"
      verifier "-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

jA0EAwMCo72fNGB1rNxgySv+rxdkPv46nVxQ5fg4yT78ldgVcDseD7Mre4Fhjifn
VTA1/PdmetVfFb9+
=MXF6
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----"
      count 0)

(defun decrypt (passphrase text)
  (with-current-buffer (get-buffer-create "*pgg-test*")
    (erase-buffer)
    (insert text)
    (pgg-decrypt nil nil passphrase)))

Then, I eval the buffer with M-x eval-buffer.

Finally, I do

 M-: (decrypt passphrase verifier) RET

This consistently gives me the message `208' in the echo area.  I don't
see a nil result, but that's what you see, correct?