Subject: bug#48592: [PATCH 0/2] Support plural forms of Author and Maintainer library headers

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 09:04:37 +0200

Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Jonas,

> 2) Some packages are being maintained by multiple people and those
>    people are not members of some group or organization that could be
>    used as a short-hand.  All of those people should be listed because
>    they all do important work.  Emacs has a function whose purpose is to
>    return the maintainer.  It is called lm-maintainer.  It returns just
>    one maintainer, "the" maintainer.  Even if the package has multiple
>    maintainers and they are all listed.  I propose that we accept the
>    fact that some packages have multiple maintainers, and that we do
>    that by adding a new function named lm-maintainers, which returns a
>    list of maintainers.  If there is only one maintainer, it returns a
>    list of length one.  There is already a function called lm-authors.
>    Lets do the same for maintainers.
>
> I have given up on (1) and would still like to do (2).

Fine by me.

>      Jonas

Best regards, Michael.