Subject: Re: bug#48592: [PATCH 0/2] Support plural forms of Author and Maintainer library headers

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 09:46:31 +0300

> From: Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 22:25:19 +0200
> 
> It was already possible to specify multiple authors using the "Author"
> header, but the same was not possible for maintainers.  Because some
> packages have multiple maintainers, which cannot or don't want to be
> subsumed under some organisation's name, this adds support for
> specifying multiple maintainers as well.
> 
> this also adds support for using "Authors" and "Maintainers" as the
> names of the header fields instead of just the singular forms.

Why do we need these additions?  Couldn't we keep using Author and
Maintainer?  Having both variants immediately begs the question which
is preferable and why, arguments about style, and other bikeshedding.
Unless there's a good reason for adding new headings, I'd prefer to
make do with what we already have.

Thanks.