Subject: bug#48582: Issue with font-latex-deactivated-keyword-classes

From: Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 11:45:36 +0200

I'm using the following value of `font-latex-deactivated-keyword-classes`,
in order to get a more sober appearance:

    (setq-default font-latex-deactivated-keyword-classes
                  '("variable" "biblatexnoarg" "biblatex" "reference"
                    "function" "textual" "type-command" "type-declaration"))

With this, I would hope to remove most font locking, and in particular
everything with `font-lock-keyword-face', but keep, say,
`font-latex-italic-face' and the `font-latex-sectioning-*' faces.

The problem is that the above setting still adds
`font-lock-keyword-face' to sectioning and font-changing commands, say
"\section" and "\emph".  This is not a very useful result.  I would
expect to be able to control the highlighting of section titles and
sectioning macro names independently.

A workaround in my case is to use a face remap such as

    (add-hook 'TeX-mode-hook
               (lambda ()
                 (face-remap-set-base 'font-lock-keyword-face
                                      :inherit 'font-latex-sedate-face)))

but this isn't a simple customization that most users would be able to
come up with.