Subject: 28.0.50; ruby-toggle-string-quotes quotes the wrong pair of quotes

From: Sam Weerasinghe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 05:33:05 -0700

I have a method like this:

  def create!
    form_name = "Acme Corp #{shop.label("Abandon Cart")}"
  end

put point at the start of the phrase "Abandon Cart"
and press C-c ' ( ruby-toggle-string-quotes ),

the line becomes:

    form_name = 'Acme Corp #{shop.label("Abandon Cart")}'

but the line should become:

    form_name = "Acme Corp #{shop.label('Abandon Cart')}"

################################################################################

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0)
 of 2021-03-24 built on Administrators-MacBook-Pro-2.local
Repository revision: a5617bccf7d77b24c6f431e2c97496c440b06fe2
Repository branch: master
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.6

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD-a5617bc/share/info/emacs
 --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD-a5617bc --with-gnutls --without-x
 --with-xml2 --without-dbus --with-modules --without-ns
 --without-imagemagick --without-selinux'

Configured features:
ACL GMP GNUTLS JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE PDUMPER THREADS XIM
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Help

Minor modes in effect:
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/lisp/coverage hides
/Users/administrator/.emacs.d/elpa/coverage-20191113.1958/coverage

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail eieio-opt speedbar ezimage
dframe shortdoc help-fns radix-tree pulse cus-start cus-load xt-mouse
vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs bug-reference
git-rebase mule-util magit-extras face-remap magit-bookmark
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff
smerge-mode diff git-commit log-edit message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log
magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process
with-editor magit-mode transient magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm
two-column sh-script executable misearch multi-isearch vc rect dired-aux
inf-ruby rubocop tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp git-auto-commit-mode vc-git
diff-mode vc-dispatcher image etags fileloop generator js imenu cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs term/xterm xterm server projectile ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs flycheck rx exec-path-from-shell sgml-mode facemenu dom
prodigy hl-line bpr rspec-mode ruby-mode smie coverage ov
my-send-to-terminal-app key-chord iterm thingatpt my-org-mode-toggling
vue-mode edit-indirect ssass-mode vue-html-mode mmm-cmds mmm-mode
mmm-univ mmm-class mmm-region mmm-auto mmm-vars mmm-utils mmm-compat
hydra lv use-package-hydra ob-shell shell org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities time-date noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs bookmark+ bookmark+-key dired-x bookmark+-1 bookmark+-bmu
bookmark+-lit bookmark pp f dash s wgrep grep yasnippet counsel xdg xref
project dired dired-loaddefs compile text-property-search comint
ansi-color swiper ivy derived delsel ring colir color ivy-overlay
which-key pcase advice regexp-opt cl-extra help-mode use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core autorevert
filenotify finder-inf info tool-bar edmacro kmacro package browse-url
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
mwheel iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 783962 128052)
 (symbols 48 43055 2)
 (strings 32 168549 9980)
 (string-bytes 1 5311958)
 (vectors 16 62744)
 (vector-slots 8 764803 34047)
 (floats 8 385 3077)
 (intervals 56 9906 816)
 (buffers 992 61))