Subject: Re: bug#48564: ‘channel-with-substitutes-available’ makes assumptions about job names

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 22:34:05 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, 26 May 2021 at 16:17, Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> wrote:

> (channels-with-substitutes-available
>  (list %default-guix-channel
>        (channel
>         (name 'guix-hpc)
>         (url "https://gitlab.inria.fr/guix-hpc/guix-hpc.git")))
>  (list "https://ci.guix.gnu.org"
>        "https://guix.bordeaux.inria.fr")
>  (specs "master" "guix-hpc"))

FWIW, I do not know if ’channels-with-substitutes-available’ should take
a list of channels, but it should take a list of substitute servers.
For instance, the user should be allowed to provide (list
"https://ci.guix.gnu.org" "https://bayfront.guix.gnu.org") for the
channel %default-guix-channel.  And the default should be:

        (channels-with-substitutes-available
          %default-guix-channel
          %default-substitute-urls)

Then, for multi-channels, the substitute servers should be a list of
list, IMHO.  Although, in practise, currently, there is less substitute
servers than channels. ;-)

Cheers,
simon