Subject: bug#48564: ‘channel-with-substitutes-available’ makes assumptions about job names

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 14:58:59 +0200

Hello!

I wanted to try something like this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(use-modules (guix ci))

(list (channel-with-substitutes-available
       %default-guix-channel
       "https://ci.guix.gnu.org")
      (channel-with-substitutes-available
       (channel
        (name 'guix-hpc)
        (url "https://gitlab.inria.fr/guix-hpc/guix-hpc.git"))
       "https://guix.bordeaux.inria.fr"))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

However, that doesn’t work because ‘channel-with-substitutes-available’
looks for a ‘guix.x86_64-linux’ job, which doesn’t exist on this Cuirass
instance.

Wouldn’t it be enough to look for the latest completed evaluation (of a
given jobset)?

Incidentally, it seems ‘complete?’ is always false:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
scheme@(guix ci)> (latest-evaluations "https://guix.bordeaux.inria.fr" 10)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Thoughts?

Ludo’.