Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Fix build for ldc.

From: Roel Janssen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 18:08:31 +0200

Dear Guix,

I looked into why our LDC package fails to build, and it seems that all 
tests that make use of "ptrace" fail because the build environment 
doesn't allow it.
So I disabled these tests by removing the relevant files, and completed 
a successful build.

If there is a way to provide the build environment with the ability to 
use ptrace, and if that is preferred to removing tests, then please let 
me know so I can prepare another patch.

Kind regards,
Roel Janssen

>From 191aa4cc2f131453d9ffc902d72dbe16307aa0c0 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Roel Janssen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 18:04:05 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Fix build for ldc.

* gnu/packages/dlang.scm (ldc): Disable tests that use ptrace.
---
 gnu/packages/dlang.scm | 10 ++++++++++
 1 file changed, 10 insertions(+)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/dlang.scm b/gnu/packages/dlang.scm
index da3b818c26..33be779ba3 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/dlang.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/dlang.scm
@@ -240,6 +240,16 @@ bootstrapping more recent compilers written in D.")
                (delete-file "tests/compilable/ctfe_math.d")
                (delete-file "tests/debuginfo/nested_gdb.d")
                (delete-file "tests/debuginfo/classtypes_gdb.d")
+               ;; the following tests need special permissions for ptrace:
+               (delete-file "tests/d2/dmd-testsuite/runnable/b18504.d")
+               (delete-file "tests/d2/dmd-testsuite/runnable/gdb14225.d")
+               (delete-file "tests/d2/dmd-testsuite/runnable/gdb14276.d")
+               (delete-file "tests/d2/dmd-testsuite/runnable/gdb14313.d")
+               (delete-file "tests/d2/dmd-testsuite/runnable/gdb14330.d")
+               (delete-file "tests/d2/dmd-testsuite/runnable/gdb1.d")
+               (delete-file "tests/d2/dmd-testsuite/runnable/gdb4149.d")
+               (delete-file "tests/d2/dmd-testsuite/runnable/gdb4181.d")
+               (delete-file "tests/d2/dmd-testsuite/runnable/gdb15729.sh")
                ;; the following tests plugins we don't have.
                (delete-file "tests/plugins/addFuncEntryCall/testPlugin.d")
                ;; the following tests requires AVX instruction set in the CPU.
-- 
2.31.1