Subject: Re: [bug#48525] [PATCH core-updates] gnu: rust: Add profiling support.

From: "Milkey Mouse" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 18:13:55 -0700

On Sun May 23, 2021 at 7:20 AM PDT, Marius Bakke wrote:
> Instead of backporting this patch to 1.49, I think it would be better to
> switch the default Rust to the latest version before enabling profiling
> support.

OK, I will submit a v2 of the patch. Should I do so as a reply, or
close this thread by emailing the @debbugs.gnu.org address? I'm still a
little new to email- and patch-based workflows.

>
> Unfortunately 1.50 currently fails to build on core-updates, so we'll
> need a volunteer to fix that. Would you like to give it a try? :-)

rust-1.50? It builds fine for me. I am on commit 42162c84dc (with this
patch on top):

    $ ./pre-inst-env guix build [email-masked]
    /gnu/store/klr7jrzxl3mzprd88f857kw5mam15h78-rust-1.50.0-cargo
    /gnu/store/3x656k3s66kjb87aphly9p5v401af863-rust-1.50.0-doc
    /gnu/store/nkkfvyl52mmvx12ccwvs54c44yns4yk5-rust-1.50.0
    /gnu/store/kq4i7q55gxfl47124vfkiqzp5bi7737r-rust-1.50.0-rustfmt

I suppose I should note I don't use substitutes--but that shouldn't
make a difference, should it?