Subject: bug#48518: 13.0.11; LaTeX environment C-c C-e on region doesn't indent properly

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 02:27:28 +0900

[ Please keep Cc: [email-masked] in the header when replying. ]

Hi Berthold,

>>>>> Berthold Lorke <[email-masked]> writes:
> Indeed, this fixes the indenting problem, but it adds a quirk.  I don't
> want auto-fill-mode enabled, because this adds line breaks that I do not
> wish to have.  Is there a way to achieve the indenting behaviour without
> having it add line breaks?

This "no indent" behavior was implemented upon request of another user
who also disables `auto-fill-mode'; Please take a look at the thread
beginning with
https://lists.gnu.org/r/auctex/2016-03/msg00056.html

What do you think about the rationale of the original poster of the
above thread?

Maybe AUCTeX should do only indentation, not filling, when
`auto-fill-mode' is disabled. (I'm not sure what is the best behavior
because I always enable `auto-fill-mode'.)

Regards,
Ikumi Keita