Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Add python-playsound.

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2025 19:48:06 +0000

Hi,

The project might have some license issues due to providing MP3 and WAV
files with unclear licenses.

https://github.com/TaylorSMarks/playsound/tree/v1.3.0?tab=License-1-ov-file
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Files used for Unit Tests were downloaded from Wikimedia Commons - they
and their licenses can be found at the following urls. I am not a
lawyer, but it's my belief that as these files are merely used for unit
testing and in no way necessary for using playsound that playsound can
be distributed under the more permissive (supperior, actual free) MIT
license and that the cancerous copyleft bullshit from the Creative
Commons licenses that most of the files have:

 - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Damonte.mp3
 - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sound4.wav
 - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:%D0%91%D1%83%D0%BA%D0%B2%D0%B0_%D0%AF.wav
 - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Discovery_-_Go_at_throttle_up_(2).mp3
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

No updates for 4y (now is 2025).

Closing as not applied.

--
Oleg