Subject: bug#48504: Improve style of C-h t description (Preface)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 10:06:24 +0300

> From: Sebastian Urban <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 08:21:01 +0200
> 
> So, we can't present keys or other KBD input with @key/@kbd style,
> because of the notation, that e.g. makes keys like Control use @key
> style, which is introduced later?

Using some notation before explaining it is confusing, especially when
you are telling the reader how to start the tutorial, which is
probably the first document about Emacs for that reader.

> What is to explain at all? The fact that - e.g. in PDF - @kbd/@key
> change font from Roman to Typewriter. It helps to distinguish the
> input keys/chars from the rest of the paragraph. In your example "h"
> and "t" may look like leftovers from a partially removed words...
> which is something I want to avoid.

Look, you don't have to agree with my reasoning.  As long as I
explained it, and the explanation is clear (as I think it is, based on
your response), we don't have to continue to argue.  Just accept that
this is my reasoning for doing things this way, and it's based on some
experience in this area.