Subject: bug#48504: Improve style of C-h t description (Preface)

From: Sebastian Urban <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 15:44:51 +0200

>> No, I mean to change this:
 >>     (which is ``control h and then t'')
 >> into this:
 >>     (hold down @key{Control} and type @kbd{h}, then let go of
 >>     @key{Control} and type @kbd{t})
 >
 > That's awkward.

What exactly? It's basically copy-paste from SCREEN.TEXI (L126). Is it
awkward there as well?

 > How about
 >
 >   To run the tutorial, start Emacs and type @kbd{C-h t} (that is,
 >   press and hold Control, then type h, then release Control and type
 >   t).

Why @kbd/@key (commands for indication) can't be used here for
"Control"/"h"/"t"?

The complete sentence would look (in EMACS.TEXI) like this:

    To run the tutorial, start Emacs and type @kbd{C-h t} (that/which
    is, hold down @key{Control} and type @kbd{h}, then let go of
    @key{Control} and type @kbd{t}).

Whether there will be "that is" or "which is" - it's up to you.