Subject: bug#48500: 28.0.50; url-retrieve-synchronously exits abnormally due to pending keyboard input from terminal

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 13:58:54 +0200

Shane Mulligan <[email-masked]> writes:

> A small update.
> I found that when I used internet from a slower connection, the hang returned, so I
> have a more robust workaround now. I simply abort the function if there is a hang.

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

Reading this bug thread, it's unclear what the actual problem is (i.e.,
how the quit was generated in the first place).  Did you make any
progress in determining that?

And:

> ```
> 13c13,14
> <   (let ((retrieval-done nil)
> ---
>>   (let ((inhibit-quit t)
>>         (retrieval-done nil)
> 17c18,19
> <         (timed-out nil))

We need a context diff, not a raw diff, because those aren't very
readable.  Can you redo the diff with "diff -u" (which is the default if
you just say `C-x v u' instead)?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no