Subject: Re: bug#48496: Guix reconfigure fails to switch to new system

From: Simon Streit <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2021 19:05:18 +0200

Hello, just another follow up:

Simon Streit <[email-masked]> writes:
> I just managed to reproduce this very same error message after
> downgrading to commit a67c00f4f7ee0a70fce14a7e1907cce332c85813 (I lost
> the previous system a couple of days ago), and it threw this error after
> trying to reconfigure.  Given that it is complaining about srfi-1, I
> disabled everything that was relevant to it, and it still fails.

I just did another test on another machine with this commit, and I
noticed, that despite that this error message happens, the system
generation is still put up:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Generation 46	Jun 01 2021 18:55:05	(current)
  file name: /var/guix/profiles/system-46-link
  canonical file name: /gnu/store/6nrj5zd9zar1n332f2s4wqpxm4rsjb4x-system
  label: GNU with Linux-Libre 5.11.21
  bootloader: grub-efi
  root device: UUID: *snip*
  kernel: /gnu/store/53r3pzj18jshhkvm2ggiiy6gxqx5y2cr-linux-libre-5.11.21/bzImage
  channels:
    guix:
      repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
      commit: a67c00f4f7ee0a70fce14a7e1907cce332c85813
  configuration file: /gnu/store/wysjis8dnwrvkdmrcw234mm3fy5l9a1k-configuration.scm
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Will try to reboot into this generation later.

Greetings
Simon