Subject: bug#48496: Guix reconfigure fails to switch to new system

From: Simon Streit <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 13:18:32 +0200

Hi,

after pulling and trying to upgrade a system, Guix will fail switching
to a new system saying:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
The following derivation will be built:
   /gnu/store/hswsg23l03pyrf7nckr1zrmb0rfsssf6-grub.cfg.drv

building /gnu/store/hswsg23l03pyrf7nckr1zrmb0rfsssf6-grub.cfg.drv...
/gnu/store/3zpjx9ky5lyx3l90qvnp1qqrvrc70caf-system
/gnu/store/lrvf3k1qrs3mrb3aasq9b6i6gd321aiz-grub.cfg

activating system...
Backtrace:
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  3422:24 19 (_)
   222:29 18 (map1 (((gnu system accounts)) ((gnu build accounts)) …))
   222:29 17 (map1 (((gnu build accounts)) ((gnu build #)) ((# …)) …))
   222:17 16 (map1 (((gnu build linux-boot)) ((guix build utils)) # …))
  3326:17 15 (resolve-interface (gnu build linux-boot) #:select _ # _ …)
In ice-9/threads.scm:
    390:8 14 (_ _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  3252:13 13 (_)
In ice-9/threads.scm:
    390:8 12 (_ _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  3536:20 11 (_)
   2835:4 10 (save-module-excursion #<procedure 7f9a73ee5b70 at ice-…>)
  3556:26  9 (_)
In unknown file:
           8 (primitive-load-path "gnu/build/linux-boot" #<procedure…>)
In gnu/build/linux-boot.scm:
     22:0  7 (_)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   3409:4  6 (define-module* _ #:filename _ #:pure _ #:version _ # _ …)
  3422:24  5 (_)
   222:29  4 (map1 (((rnrs io ports)) ((system repl #)) ((srfi #)) …))
   222:17  3 (map1 (((system repl error-handling)) ((srfi srfi-1)) …))
   3329:6  2 (resolve-interface (system repl error-handling) #:select …)
  1685:16  1 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
no code for module (system repl error-handling)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Checkout is at b905abfbd3235322c826e3b0ad45e410a3cd96f3