Subject: 28.0.50; quit-window doesn't work

From: Sujith Manoharan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 08:51:40 +0530

quit-window doesn't work properly with the master branch.

To see the issue with emacs -Q, in any git repo:

* C-x v L
* C-x 1 (if the screen is split).
* Hitting 'q' now doesn't close the window.

Looks like commit 0a681590268a4039f95a5a919b6b6d4f4e880d4c is
the problem.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2021-05-18 built on comp-lnx
Repository revision: aff87e5d04de9ac59359ed29ca59483fc10d31ea
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-link-time-optimization
 --with-sound=no --without-libsystemd --without-harfbuzz
 --without-m17n-flt --without-libotf --without-lcms2
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --without-dbus --without-gsettings
 --without-selinux --without-modules --without-gpm --without-cairo
 'CFLAGS=-O2 -march=native''

Configured features:
ACL FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LIBXML2 NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XFT
XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  dired-omit-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: 1
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/dev/elisp/dictionary-el/dictionary hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/net/dictionary

Features:
(shadow face-remap mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-main mu4e-view mu4e-view-old
mu4e-view-common thingatpt mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-context
mu4e-draft mu4e-actions rfc2368 smtpmail mu4e-mark mu4e-proc mu4e-utils
doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif mu4e-lists mu4e-message shr kinsoku
svg xml dom browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars flow-fill
org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat advice org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs mule-util
mailcap hl-line mu4e-vars mu4e-meta add-log log-view pcvs-util vc-mtn
vc-hg vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs
vc-rcs vc vc-dispatcher dired-aux nswbuff eieio-opt cl-extra speedbar
ezimage dframe find-func shortdoc help-fns radix-tree help-mode emacsbug
message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search time-date
subr-x mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib xcscope ring ido
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv dired-x dired dired-loaddefs
saveplace savehist iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces
cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 151859 9119)
 (symbols 48 16246 5)
 (strings 32 57927 2771)
 (string-bytes 1 1891100)
 (vectors 16 31514)
 (vector-slots 8 344237 13676)
 (floats 8 170 151)
 (intervals 56 1810 15)
 (buffers 992 14))