Subject: bug#48472: [FR] A small suggestion for repeat-mode

From: Gustavo Barros <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 19:09:37 -0300

Hi Juri,

On Tue, 18 May 2021 at 18:04, Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> wrote:

> It's amazing that the function returns exactly what we need
> even though its return value is not yet used anywhere.
> So I copied the same design to another similar function
> display-buffer-override-next-command to return exitfun as well.

Indeed it is pretty cool, nice that it has fulfilled its purpose and 
even "reproduced".

> You are welcome to sign papers, so the next time you could offer a 
> patch.

Well, I'd love to, and have tried to, but it turns out I can't sign 
them.

> Now I pushed the implementation based on your suggestion, thanks for 
> it!
>
> (The implementation also includes a lot of small details like 
> correctly
> handling the messages, etc.)

I thank you!

And I had assumed the timer would have to be stored and canceled at 
every repeat, and also that somehow the message would have to be cleared 
when the exit function timer ran.  I see you handled all that.  Looks 
good to me.

> If you are running on 27.2, you could still take the second part
> of repeat.el from Emacs 28.

I might!  :-)
But if you push me to you it, you run the risk of getting yet other 
"small suggestions".

Thanks again!

Gustavo.