Subject: Re: bug#4845: 23.1.50; Uninterned symbols in .elc files

From: John Wiegley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 12:16:57 -0800

>>>>> Helmut Eller <[email-masked]> writes:

> Interpreted and compiled code behave differently. That's always a problem.
> Obviously not a big problem.

The number of ways to coax varying behavior from the two execution modes is
legion. I had to bend over backwards to achieve consistency for use-package
when byte-compiling an init.el file versus loading it un-byte-compiled. So I
don't feel this bug is very urgent.

>>>>> Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think this is quite a limitation worth to be fixed, if it is possible with
> little effort.

Honestly, we have better things to do. If you still think this is a bug, I'm
fine leaving it open until the day when someone wants to champion the cause of
interpreted/compiled equivalence, but until then, I'd rather focus on other
things.

-- 
John Wiegley                  GPG fingerprint = 4710 CF98 AF9B 327B B80F
http://newartisans.com                          60E1 46C4 BD1A 7AC1 4BA2