Subject: parted commands not executing from startup script

From: Deepak Bevinamara <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 20:23:11 -0700

Hi,

I have created a startup script which is executed only one after flashing a
image on a board.
The commands in the script are as follows and don't take any effect:

#!/usr/bin/sh
parted -s /dev/mmcblk0 unit s resizepart 4 Yes 124321791s
parted -s /dev/mmcblk0 unit s resizepart 6 Yes 65597439s
resize2fs -f /dev/mmcblk0p6
parted -s /dev/mmcblk0 unit s mkpart logical ext2 65599488s 124321791s
mkfs.ext4 -F -q -b 4096 -L BACKUP -O ^huge_file,^64bit,^metadata_csum
/dev/mmcblk0p7

However the above commands work perfectly, when executed from the command
line.
Is it because the parted commands cannot be executed from non-interactive
shells?
Clarification is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Deepak.