Subject: bug#4843: Is it supposed to be fixed?

From: "Jan D." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 10:47:22 +0100

On 2009-12-09 09:13, Felix Homann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this bug has been closed over a month ago whith an indication of a
> supposed fix in emacs23.
> Since it is not mentioned in which version of emacs23 it is supposed to
> be fixed I would like to ask when a fix can be expected.
>
> If the current emacs23-gtk (23.1+1-2) is supposed to fix this issue I
> would like to inform you that it doesn't. There are still several empty
> menus (e.g. AucTex Menus) without GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1.
>
> Kind regards,
>

Fixed means it is fixed in Emacs CVS HEAD unless something else is said. 
  The next release will be Emacs 23.2.  Pretest for that is starting 
right about now.  A release is months away (2-3 probably).  I don't know 
what you are running, but it looks like some sort of 23.1.  23.1+1-2 is 
not an Emacs version number, I guess it something from some package 
system.  A fix for 23.1 will not be released.  You can request that 
whatever you are running backports the fix to their version of 23.1.

	Jan D.