Subject: bug#48416: Release new version of ioccur on GNU ELPA

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 05:26:34 +0000

Hello Stefan and Stefan :),

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

> Stefan Kangas [2021-09-19 08:34:12] wrote:
>> Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:
>>> Severity: wishlist
>>> The last release of ioccur.el was in 2012. To be fair, not much has
>>> changed since, but I would still suggest releasing a new version to
>>> avoid the cl warnings at least.

I have no cl warnings since Stefan have changed cl to cl-lib, only a
warning about a deprecated function.
Note that this is a deprecated package that will receive no more
changes, you can use instead helm-occur bounded with helm package
(faster, support multi matching, separated sources for each buffer etc...).

> `make fetch/ioccur` tells me that it's up-to-date with the upstream
> repository, so if you want a release, I think you should ask Thierry to
> bump up the `Version:` header.

Done, should I git tag as well?

-- 
Thierry