Subject: bug#48407: closed (Re: bug#48407: 28.0.50; mpc doesn't work in master)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 02:30:02 +0000

Your bug report

#48407: 28.0.50; mpc doesn't work in master

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
48407: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=48407
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#48407: 28.0.50; mpc doesn't work in master
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 05:29:24 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 01:13:59 +0100
> 
> On Fri, May 14 2021, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> >> From: "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <[email-masked]>
> >> Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 23:55:14 +0100
> >> 
> >> - emacs -Q
> >> - M-x mpc
> >> - Start playing any song.  The status update callback starts failing
> >>   continuosly with
> >>     error in process filter: Lisp nesting exceeds ‘max-lisp-eval-depth’
> >>   [10 times]
> >
> > Thanks.  Can you show a Lisp backtrace for this?
> 
> I was going to, but it's not needed anymore.  A recent update to mpc.el
> fixed the issue for me.  I think we can safely close this issue now.

Done, thanks.

Subject: 28.0.50; mpc doesn't work in master
From: "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 23:55:14 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

- emacs -Q
- M-x mpc
- Start playing any song.  The status update callback starts failing
  continuosly with
    error in process filter: Lisp nesting exceeds ‘max-lisp-eval-depth’
  [10 times]
- One can do a C-g and quickly stop music, and then the errors stop too,
  so it seems to be happening only when music is playing

Thanks!

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-05-13 built on osgiliath
Repository revision: 43701a84367b76ccc93ad46f89110486988eec10
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr/local/stow/emacs --without-imagemagick
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-toolkit-scroll-bars=no
 --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF X11 XDBE XIM XPM
LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  mpdel-mode: t
  telega-root-auto-fill-mode: t
  telega-patrons-mode: t
  telega-mode-line-mode: t
  sly-symbol-completion-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  eshell-syntax-highlighting-global-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  persistent-scratch-autosave-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  ednc-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/notmuch-show hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/notmuch-show
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/notmuch-crypto hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/notmuch-crypto
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/notmuch-mua hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/notmuch-mua
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/notmuch-tree hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/notmuch-tree
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/notmuch-parser hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/notmuch-parser
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/notmuch-hello hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/notmuch-hello
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/notmuch-lib hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/notmuch-lib
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/notmuch-pkg hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/notmuch-pkg
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/notmuch-maildir-fcc hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/notmuch-maildir-fcc
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/notmuch-jump hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/notmuch-jump
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/notmuch-company hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/notmuch-company
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/notmuch-address hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/notmuch-address
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/notmuch-draft hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/notmuch-draft
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/notmuch-tag hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/notmuch-tag
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/notmuch-message hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/notmuch-message
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/notmuch hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/notmuch
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/notmuch-autoloads hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/notmuch-autoloads
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/coolj hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/coolj
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/notmuch-print hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/notmuch-print
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/notmuch-query hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/notmuch-query
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/notmuch-compat hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/notmuch-compat
/home/jao/lib/elisp/notmuch/notmuch-wash hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/notmuch-20210205.1412/notmuch-wash
/home/jao/lib/elisp/org-static-blog/org-static-blog hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/org-static-blog-20210329.848/org-static-blog
/home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/circe-20210508.1616/tracking hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/tracking-20201101.1045/tracking
/home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/circe-20210508.1616/shorten hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/tracking-20201101.1045/shorten
/home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.28/transient-20210426.2141/transient hides /usr/local/stow/emacs/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/transient
/home/jao/etc/emacs/site/custom hides /usr/local/stow/emacs/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/custom

Features:
(shadow mailalias bbdb-message cus-start gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-async
gnus-bcklg gnus-dup gnus-ml gnus-topic utf-7 bbdb-gnus gnus-recent
ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe bbdb-mua
gnus-icalendar org-capture gnus-delay gnus-draft gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-cache gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 gnus-sum nndraft nnmh gnus-demon nntp gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc
nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win cal-move mule-util cal-iso
org-auto-tangle async cdlatex texmathp eww xdg url-queue mm-url gnus
nnheader bibtex face-remap org-agenda org-refile jao-ednc
exwm-systemtray xcb-systemtray xcb-xembed exwm-edit exwm exwm-input
xcb-keysyms exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render exwm-layout
exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xkb xcb-xproto
xcb-types xcb-debug bigml bml-logs bml bml-misc bml-whizzml bml-clojure
bml-clj-tests bml-python bml-skels bml-utils whizzml-skeletons skeleton
whizzml-mode sieve sieve-mode sieve-manage sasl sasl-anonymous
sasl-login sasl-plain jao-emms-random-album mpdel mpdel-browser
libmpdel-directory mpdel-playlist mpdel-tablist mpdel-song mpdel-core
libmpdel time-stamp navigel tablist tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp
semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet
consult-spotify espotify jao-mpris jao-emms-lyrics jao-lyrics
network-stream jao-emms-info-track jao-emms emms-librefm-stream
emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit emms-volume
emms-volume-mixerctl emms-volume-pulse emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n
emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode
emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort
emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd
emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url emms-streams emms-show-all
emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-exiftool
emms-info-tinytag emms-info-metaflac emms-info-opusinfo
emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-info emms-later-do
emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mpv emms-player-mplayer
emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate
emms-setup emms emms-compat telega-obsolete telega telega-tdlib-events
telega-webpage visual-fill-column telega-root telega-info telega-chat
telega-modes telega-company telega-user telega-notifications telega-voip
telega-msg telega-tme telega-sticker telega-i18n telega-vvnote bindat
telega-ffplay telega-media telega-sort telega-filter telega-ins
telega-folders telega-inline telega-tdlib telega-util
rainbow-identifiers telega-server telega-core cursor-sensor
telega-customize emacsbug jao-proton-utils enwc enwc-backend bluetooth
json-mode json-reformat json-snatcher js cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
virtualenvwrapper gud ediprolog haskell-doc inf-haskell
haskell-decl-scan haskell haskell-completions haskell-load
haskell-commands highlight-uses-mode haskell-modules haskell-sandbox
haskell-navigate-imports haskell-repl haskell-svg haskell-collapse
hideshow haskell-debug haskell-interactive-mode
haskell-presentation-mode haskell-compile haskell-hoogle haskell-process
haskell-session haskell-mode haskell-cabal haskell-utils
haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation haskell-string
haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme haskell-align-imports
haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support flymake-proc flymake dabbrev
haskell-customize sly-quicklisp sly-fancy sly-tramp sly-indentation
sly-cl-indent sly-stickers pulse hi-lock sly-trace-dialog
sly-fontifying-fu sly-package-fu sly-scratch sly-fancy-trace
sly-fancy-inspector sly-mrepl sly-autodoc sly-parse sly sly-completion
sly-buttons sly-messages sly-common apropos arc-mode archive-mode
hyperspec pie geiser-gambit geiser-chez geiser-guile geiser-mit
geiser-repl geiser-image geiser-company geiser-doc geiser-menu
geiser-autodoc info-look geiser-edit etags fileloop xref project
geiser-completion geiser-eval geiser-connection tq geiser-syntax scheme
geiser-impl help-fns radix-tree geiser-log geiser-popup view
geiser-custom geiser-base geiser sesman clojure-mode exunit f idris-mode
idris-commands idris-hole-list idris-ipkg-mode idris-tree-info
idris-warnings-tree idris-info idris-repl idris-highlight-input
idris-prover inferior-idris idris-warnings idris-log idris-events
idris-simple-indent idris-syntax idris-common-utils idris-settings
idris-keys idris-core idris-compat prop-menu package-lint imenu finder
lisp-mnt edit-list paren jao-vterm-repl gitconfig-mode conf-mode
git-link git-timemachine transient gist gh-gist gh-oauth gh-api logito
gh-cache pcache gh-auth gh-common marshal gh-url eieio-compat url-http
url-auth url-gw gh-profile diff-hl log-view pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc
eshell-autojump em-dirs esh-var eshell-up git-ps1-mode em-term term
disp-table ehelp eshell-syntax-highlighting em-alias saveplace-pdf-view
bbdb-anniv bbdb-com bbdb bbdb-site timezone smtpmail sendmail randomsig
ol-w3m gnutls nsm dns shr kinsoku svg dom elpher markdown-toc
markdown-mode htmlize jao-org-links jao-maildir jao-doc-view let-alist
doc-view image-mode exif ol-info ol-bbdb ol-eshell esh-mode eshell
esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups
esh-util jao-org-notes ob-shell ob-scheme ob-python python tramp-sh
tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat
shell parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp ob-org ob-ocaml ob-makefile ob-haskell
ob-gnuplot ob-clojure ob-calc calc-store calc-trail calc-ext calc
calc-loaddefs calc-macs ob-prolog prolog smie align org-tempo tempo
ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar
ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element avl-tree generator
org-fragtog jao-afio winner iscroll autorevert filenotify autoinsert
embark-consult embark ffap consult-recoll consult-notmuch notmuch
notmuch-tree notmuch-jump notmuch-hello notmuch-show notmuch-print
notmuch-crypto notmuch-mua notmuch-message notmuch-draft
notmuch-maildir-fcc notmuch-address notmuch-company notmuch-parser
notmuch-wash coolj notmuch-query goto-addr thingatpt icalendar
notmuch-tag crm notmuch-lib notmuch-compat hl-line message rmc puny
rfc822 mml mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-view mml-smime mml-sec
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mail-utils smime dig mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr jao-compilation consult-vertico consult bookmark marginalia
vertico company-keywords company-dabbrev company-files company-bbdb
company-capf company orderless find-dired dired-x dired dired-loaddefs
wgrep grep compile text-property-search jka-compr persistent-scratch
so-long cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew
holidays hol-loaddefs vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs ednc jao-minibuffer tracking shorten jao-notify alert
log4e cl notifications gntp diminish time jao-recoll inform
jao-light-theme jao-themes pinentry pcase epa-file epa battery cus-edit
pp cus-load major-mode-hydra pretty-hydra s dash hydra lv repeat
jao-sleep dbus xml server savehist recentf tree-widget saveplace
gnu-elpa-keyring-update epg epg-config poly-org polymode derived
poly-lock polymode-base polymode-weave polymode-export polymode-compat
polymode-methods polymode-core comp comp-cstr warnings polymode-classes
eieio-custom wid-edit eieio-base color cl-extra help-mode use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key use-package-core literate-elisp org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src
ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring org-list
org-faces org-entities time-date noutline outline easy-mmode org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat advice
org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs finder-inf tex-site rx edmacro kmacro w3m-load info package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1466984 102342)
 (symbols 48 93744 118)
 (strings 32 395882 21254)
 (string-bytes 1 12790215)
 (vectors 16 129281)
 (vector-slots 8 3213658 53816)
 (floats 8 1373 613)
 (intervals 56 10737 7260)
 (buffers 992 33))

-- 
Who knows what Columbus would have discovered if America hadn't got in the
way. -Stanislaw J. Lec, poet and aphorist (1909-1966)