Subject: bug#48401: 25.3; emacs27 crashes

From: Aloe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 21:05:53 +0200

Eli Zaretskii writes:

>> From: Aloe <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 19:54:36 +0200
>> 
>> > This looks like infinite recursion, so I think we will need a more
>> > detailed backtrace which you can obtain by running Emacs under GDB.
>> > Would it be possible for you to do that?  Let me know if you need
>> > instructions.
>> 
>> Yes, please give me instructions. I can open GDB but I don't know how to
>> backtrace.
>
> Go to the directory where you have the Emacs sources (assuming you
> have them on your system), then type at the shell prompt
>
>   $ gdb emacs
>
> When you get to the "(gdb)" prompt, type "run".  Emacs should start as
> usual, and then do whatever you need to reproduce the problem.  When
> Emacs crashes, GDB will kick in and show its "(gdb)" prompt where you
> started it.  Then type at GDB's prompt:
>
>    thread apply all bt
>
> This will produce backtraces of all the threads in the Emacs process.
> Post the output here.

Hi, thanks for your instructions. Here is the output from the beginning:

$> gdb emacs
GNU gdb (Ubuntu 7.7.1-0ubuntu5~14.04.3) 7.7.1
Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from emacs...done.
warning: File "/usr/share/emacs27/src/.gdbinit" auto-loading has been declined by your `auto-load safe-path' set to "$debugdir:$datadir/auto-load".
To enable execution of this file add
	add-auto-load-safe-path /usr/share/emacs27/src/.gdbinit
line to your configuration file "/home/sergi/.gdbinit".
To completely disable this security protection add
	set auto-load safe-path /
line to your configuration file "/home/sergi/.gdbinit".
For more information about this security protection see the
"Auto-loading safe path" section in the GDB manual.  E.g., run from the shell:
	info "(gdb)Auto-loading safe path"
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/share/emacs27/src/emacs 
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
[New Thread 0x7fffebc75700 (LWP 24615)]
[New Thread 0x7fffeac3d700 (LWP 24616)]
[New Thread 0x7fffea20a700 (LWP 24617)]

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
__GI___pthread_mutex_lock (mutex=0x20) at ../nptl/pthread_mutex_lock.c:66
66	../nptl/pthread_mutex_lock.c: El fitxer o directori no existeix.
(gdb) thread apply all bt

Thread 4 (Thread 0x7fffea20a700 (LWP 24617)):
#0  0x00007ffff2f07c9d in poll () at ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:81
#1  0x00007ffff591aff4 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#2  0x00007ffff591b31a in g_main_loop_run ()
   from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#3  0x00007ffff667b326 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgio-2.0.so.0
#4  0x00007ffff593ffc5 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#5  0x00007ffff3b0f184 in start_thread (arg=0x7fffea20a700)
    at pthread_create.c:312
#6  0x00007ffff2f1503d in clone ()
    at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/clone.S:111

Thread 3 (Thread 0x7fffeac3d700 (LWP 24616)):
#0  0x00007ffff2f07c9d in poll () at ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:81
#1  0x00007ffff591aff4 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#2  0x00007ffff591b0fc in g_main_context_iteration ()
   from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#3  0x00007fffeac451ad in ?? ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libdconfsettings.so
#4  0x00007ffff593ffc5 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#5  0x00007ffff3b0f184 in start_thread (arg=0x7fffeac3d700)
    at pthread_create.c:312
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#6  0x00007ffff2f1503d in clone ()
    at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/clone.S:111

Thread 2 (Thread 0x7fffebc75700 (LWP 24615)):
#0  0x00007ffff2f07c9d in poll () at ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:81
#1  0x00007ffff591aff4 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#2  0x00007ffff591b0fc in g_main_context_iteration ()
   from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#3  0x00007ffff591b139 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#4  0x00007ffff593ffc5 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#5  0x00007ffff3b0f184 in start_thread (arg=0x7fffebc75700)
    at pthread_create.c:312
#6  0x00007ffff2f1503d in clone ()
    at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/clone.S:111

Thread 1 (Thread 0x7ffff7fb3a00 (LWP 24611)):
#0  __GI___pthread_mutex_lock (mutex=0x20) at ../nptl/pthread_mutex_lock.c:66
#1  0x00007ffff3d663ec in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgnutls.so.28
#2  0x00007ffff3df6c67 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgnutls.so.28
#3  0x000000000056c795 in extract_data_from_object (spec=<optimized out>, 
    spec@entry=0x280ac63, start_byte=start_byte@entry=0x7fffffffa598, 
    end_byte=end_byte@entry=0x7fffffffa5a0) at fns.c:5290
#4  0x00000000005a06d1 in gnutls_symmetric (encrypting=<optimized out>, 
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
    cipher=<optimized out>, key=0x280ac13, iv=0x280ac63, input=0x280ac03, 
    aead_auth=<optimized out>) at gnutls.c:2380
#5  0x000000000055e71b in Ffuncall (nargs=5, args=args@entry=0x7fffffffa698)
    at eval.c:2795
#6  0x000000000059169f in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>, 
    vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>, 
    args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=1, args=<optimized out>, 
    args@entry=0x7fffffffa938) at bytecode.c:633
#7  0x000000000055e3f8 in funcall_lambda (fun=0x7fffffffa737, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=1, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffa938)
    at eval.c:2990
#8  0x000000000055e67f in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=args@entry=0x7fffffffa930)
    at eval.c:2809
#9  0x000000000059169f in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>, 
    vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>, 
    args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=12, args=<optimized out>, 
    args@entry=0x7fffffffac30) at bytecode.c:633
#10 0x000000000055e3f8 in funcall_lambda (fun=0x7fffffffaa1b, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=12, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffac30)
    at eval.c:2990
#11 0x000000000055e67f in Ffuncall (nargs=13, args=args@entry=0x7fffffffac28)
    at eval.c:2809
#12 0x000000000059169f in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>, 
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
    vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>, 
    args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=18, args=<optimized out>, 
    args@entry=0x7fffffffae88) at bytecode.c:633
#13 0x000000000055e3f8 in funcall_lambda (fun=0x7fffffffad07, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=18, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffae88)
    at eval.c:2990
#14 0x000000000055e67f in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=19, 
    args=args@entry=0x7fffffffae80) at eval.c:2809
#15 0x00000000005602b0 in Fapply (nargs=<optimized out>, args=0x7fffffffb060)
    at eval.c:2425
#16 0x000000000055e71b in Ffuncall (nargs=15, args=args@entry=0x7fffffffb058)
    at eval.c:2795
#17 0x000000000059169f in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>, 
    vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>, 
    args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=6, args=<optimized out>, 
    args@entry=0x7fffffffb2e0) at bytecode.c:633
#18 0x000000000055e3f8 in funcall_lambda (fun=0x7fffffffb107, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=6, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffb2e0)
    at eval.c:2990
#19 0x000000000055e67f in Ffuncall (nargs=7, args=args@entry=0x7fffffffb2d8)
    at eval.c:2809
#20 0x000000000059169f in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>, 
    vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>, 
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
    args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=6, args=<optimized out>, 
    args@entry=0x7fffffffb5d0) at bytecode.c:633
#21 0x000000000055e3f8 in funcall_lambda (fun=0x7fffffffb417, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=6, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffb5d0)
    at eval.c:2990
#22 0x000000000055e67f in Ffuncall (nargs=7, args=args@entry=0x7fffffffb5c8)
    at eval.c:2809
#23 0x000000000059169f in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>, 
    vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>, 
    args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=3, args=<optimized out>, 
    args@entry=0x7fffffffb848) at bytecode.c:633
#24 0x000000000055e3f8 in funcall_lambda (fun=0x7fffffffb636, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=3, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffb848)
    at eval.c:2990
#25 0x000000000055e67f in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=args@entry=0x7fffffffb840)
    at eval.c:2809
#26 0x000000000059169f in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>, 
    vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>, 
    args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=5, args=<optimized out>, 
    args@entry=0x7fffffffbc50) at bytecode.c:633
#27 0x000000000055e3f8 in funcall_lambda (fun=0x7fffffffb9b6, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=5, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffbc50)
    at eval.c:2990
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#28 0x000000000055e67f in Ffuncall (nargs=6, args=args@entry=0x7fffffffbc48)
    at eval.c:2809
#29 0x000000000059169f in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>, 
    vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>, 
    args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=24, args=<optimized out>, 
    args@entry=0x7fffffffbf38) at bytecode.c:633
#30 0x000000000055e3f8 in funcall_lambda (fun=0x7fffffffbd4a, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=24, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffbf38)
    at eval.c:2990
#31 0x000000000055e67f in Ffuncall (nargs=25, args=args@entry=0x7fffffffbf30)
    at eval.c:2809
#32 0x000000000059169f in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>, 
    vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>, 
    args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=2, args=<optimized out>, 
    args@entry=0x7fffffffc580) at bytecode.c:633
#33 0x000000000055e3f8 in funcall_lambda (fun=0x7fffffffc09c, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=2, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffc580)
    at eval.c:2990
#34 0x000000000055e67f in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=args@entry=0x7fffffffc578)
    at eval.c:2809
#35 0x000000000059169f in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>, 
    vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>, 
    args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=0, args=<optimized out>, 
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
    args@entry=0x7fffffffca08) at bytecode.c:633
#36 0x000000000055e3f8 in funcall_lambda (fun=0x7fffffffc7f6, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=0, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffca08)
    at eval.c:2990
#37 0x000000000055e67f in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=args@entry=0x7fffffffca00)
    at eval.c:2809
#38 0x000000000059169f in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>, 
    vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>, 
    args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=0, args=<optimized out>, 
    args@entry=0x7fffffffcbd0) at bytecode.c:633
#39 0x000000000055e3f8 in funcall_lambda (fun=0x7fffffffca29, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=0, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffcbd0)
    at eval.c:2990
#40 0x000000000055e67f in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=args@entry=0x7fffffffcbc8)
    at eval.c:2809
#41 0x000000000059169f in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>, 
    vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>, 
    args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=0, args=<optimized out>, 
    args@entry=0x7fffffffcdc0) at bytecode.c:633
#42 0x000000000055e3f8 in funcall_lambda (fun=0x7fffffffcc3b, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=0, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffcdc0)
    at eval.c:2990
#43 0x000000000055e67f in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=args@entry=0x7fffffffcdb8)
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
    at eval.c:2809
#44 0x000000000059169f in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>, 
    vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>, 
    args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=1, args=<optimized out>, 
    args@entry=0x7fffffffd0a8) at bytecode.c:633
#45 0x000000000055e3f8 in funcall_lambda (fun=0x7fffffffcf32, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=1, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffd0a8)
    at eval.c:2990
#46 0x000000000055e67f in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=args@entry=0x7fffffffd0a0)
    at eval.c:2809
#47 0x000000000059169f in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>, 
    vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>, 
    args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=1, args=<optimized out>, 
    args@entry=0x7fffffffd240) at bytecode.c:633
#48 0x000000000055e3f8 in funcall_lambda (fun=0x7fffffffd0b3, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=1, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffd240)
    at eval.c:2990
#49 0x000000000055e67f in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=args@entry=0x7fffffffd238)
    at eval.c:2809
#50 0x000000000059169f in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>, 
    vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>, 
    args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=1, args=<optimized out>, 
    args@entry=0x7fffffffd510) at bytecode.c:633
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#51 0x000000000055e3f8 in funcall_lambda (fun=0x7fffffffd2ed, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=1, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffd510)
    at eval.c:2990
#52 0x000000000055e67f in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=args@entry=0x7fffffffd508)
    at eval.c:2809
#53 0x000000000059169f in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>, 
    vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>, 
    args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=1, args=<optimized out>, 
    args@entry=0x7fffffffd770) at bytecode.c:633
#54 0x000000000055e3f8 in funcall_lambda (fun=0x7fffffffd547, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=1, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffd770)
    at eval.c:2990
#55 0x000000000055e67f in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=2, 
    args=args@entry=0x7fffffffd768) at eval.c:2809
#56 0x000000000055a8b0 in Ffuncall_interactively (nargs=2, args=0x7fffffffd768)
    at callint.c:254
#57 0x000000000055e71b in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=3, 
    args=args@entry=0x7fffffffd760) at eval.c:2795
#58 0x000000000055b196 in Fcall_interactively (function=<optimized out>, 
    record_flag=<optimized out>, keys=<optimized out>) at callint.c:783
#59 0x000000000055e71b in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=args@entry=0x7fffffffd988)
    at eval.c:2795
#60 0x000000000059169f in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>, 
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
    vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>, 
    args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=1, args=<optimized out>, 
    args@entry=0x7fffffffdb98) at bytecode.c:633
#61 0x000000000055e3f8 in funcall_lambda (fun=0x7fffffffda26, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=1, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffdb98)
    at eval.c:2990
#62 0x000000000055e67f in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=2, 
    args=args@entry=0x7fffffffdb90) at eval.c:2809
#63 0x000000000055e7da in call1 (fn=fn@entry=0x3d50, arg1=<optimized out>)
    at eval.c:2655
#64 0x00000000004f7216 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1463
#65 0x000000000055d0e4 in internal_condition_case (
    bfun=bfun@entry=0x4f6e20 <command_loop_1>, handlers=handlers@entry=0x90, 
    hfun=hfun@entry=0x4ed920 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1356
#66 0x00000000004e8a2c in command_loop_2 (ignore=ignore@entry=0x0)
    at keyboard.c:1091
#67 0x000000000055d094 in internal_catch (tag=tag@entry=0xcc60, 
    func=func@entry=0x4e8a10 <command_loop_2>, arg=arg@entry=0x0)
    at eval.c:1117
#68 0x00000000004e89e7 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1070
#69 0x00000000004ed576 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:714
#70 0x00000000004ed875 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:786
#71 0x00000000004172bc in main (argc=1, argv=0x7fffffffe008) at emacs.c:2067

-- 
Associació Lliure d'Orientació Educativa (A.L.O.E.)
c/ Miquel Romeu, 93. 1r. 
08907- L'Hospitalet de Ll.
93.261.13.58 - 674.831.973
http://www.aloe-associacio.org