Subject: Re: bug#48401: 25.3; emacs27 crashes

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 22:12:29 +0300

> From: Aloe <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 19:54:36 +0200
> 
> > This looks like infinite recursion, so I think we will need a more
> > detailed backtrace which you can obtain by running Emacs under GDB.
> > Would it be possible for you to do that?  Let me know if you need
> > instructions.
> 
> Yes, please give me instructions. I can open GDB but I don't know how to
> backtrace.

Go to the directory where you have the Emacs sources (assuming you
have them on your system), then type at the shell prompt

  $ gdb emacs

When you get to the "(gdb)" prompt, type "run".  Emacs should start as
usual, and then do whatever you need to reproduce the problem.  When
Emacs crashes, GDB will kick in and show its "(gdb)" prompt where you
started it.  Then type at GDB's prompt:

   thread apply all bt

This will produce backtraces of all the threads in the Emacs process.
Post the output here.