Subject: bug#48399: 27.2; term-mode: After splitting window, newlines are inserted

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 16:42:01 +0200

Khoa Vo <[email-masked]> writes:

> Note: I have repoduced this bug even without a configuration file.
>
> Steps:
> - Enter term-mode.
> - Enter term-line-mode.
> - Type a command one line below the prompt, but don't hit "enter" yet.
> - Issue command "M-x split-window-right".
> - You can see the problem: one or more new lines are inserted after the prompt.
>   Pushing the command further down.

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

I'm not sure I understand the problem.  If by "Enter term-mode" you mean
`M-x term RET RET', then commands like `M-x split-window-right' aren't
available, so perhaps you mean something else?

Can you give a step-by-step recipe to reproduce the problem, starting
from "emacs -Q"?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no