Subject: Re: bug#48399: 27.2; term-mode: After splitting window, newlines are inserted

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 14:28:45 +0200

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Happens even without C-n:
>
> M-x term
> C-c C-j
> ls
> C-x 2     ;; a linefeed between prompt and "ls" in inserted
> C-x 1     ;; another one is inserted

Thanks.  I've had a brief look at term.el to see what could be causing
this -- I wondered whether it might be a window change hook or
something, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

It seems to be happening non-synchronously -- sometimes the extra
newline isn't added until half a second passes, so perhaps it's
something that happens during communication between the shell and Emacs.

I'm pretty unfamiliar with the term.el code.  Anybody know where to
start poking?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no