Subject: bug#48397: 28.0.50; Wrong URL from C-c C-v in html-mode over Tramp

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 16:17:57 +0200

Jean Louis <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

> I am observing a situation where I have opened HTML file over Tramp, and
> pressed C-c C-v forpr preview, then I get following URL opened up in the
> browser:
>
> ftp://scp/motorolausb:/data/data/com.termux/files/home/index.html
>
> I don't know if this is right strategy that Tramp connection over `scp'
> should be constructed as `ftp' connection in the browser, with /scp at
> first place, this also makes no sense.

That looks wrong. What is the file name you have tried to visit?

> IMHO, in case of Tramp mode, I suggest that `html-mode' uses some
> temporary file for the preview.

Perhaps. But there is the problem that references to relative file names
are not expanded correctly.

Best regards, Michael.