Subject: bug#48397: closed (Re: bug#48397: 28.0.50; Wrong URL from C-c C-v in html-mode over Tramp)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 11:59:01 +0000

Your bug report

#48397: 28.0.50; Wrong URL from C-c C-v in html-mode over Tramp

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
48397: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=48397
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#48397: 28.0.50; Wrong URL from C-c C-v in html-mode over Tramp
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:57:23 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 28.1

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Jean,

>> To reproduce:
>>
>> - access Android/LineageOS/Replicant phone by using scp Tramp
>>   connection;
>>
>> - find any file like index.html
>>
>> - when file is opened, C-c C-v to preview HTML file;
>
> browse-url-of-buffer uses already temporary files in some cases. I've
> added the remote file name case; shall work now for you.
>
> Pushed to master.

No complaint, so I'm closing the bug. Feel free to reply if there are
further problems.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 28.0.50; Wrong URL from C-c C-v in html-mode over Tramp
From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 16:15:56 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I am observing a situation where I have opened HTML file over Tramp, and
pressed C-c C-v forpr preview, then I get following URL opened up in the
browser:

ftp://scp/motorolausb:/data/data/com.termux/files/home/index.html

I don't know if this is right strategy that Tramp connection over `scp'
should be constructed as `ftp' connection in the browser, with /scp at
first place, this also makes no sense.

IMHO, in case of Tramp mode, I suggest that `html-mode' uses some
temporary file for the preview.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.17.4, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2021-05-13 built on protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: ec574a72f7198d9793b466f33382fff397ac4ce1
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Parabola GNU/Linux-libre

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/package/text/emacs --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11
XAW3D XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 54673 8005)
 (symbols 48 7125 3)
 (strings 32 19972 2224)
 (string-bytes 1 638390)
 (vectors 16 14090)
 (vector-slots 8 182012 10644)
 (floats 8 23 47)
 (intervals 56 240 0)
 (buffers 992 11))

-- 
Thanks,
Jean Louis

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns