Subject: bug#4838: closed (Re: bug#4838: autocompletion broken)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 00:10:03 +0000

Your bug report

#4838: autocompletion broken

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
4838: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=4838
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#4838: autocompletion broken
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 20:09:23 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I also could not reproduce this, so in the absence of further
information I am closing this.

If you still see the problem with the latest Emacs release, 23.3,
please reply with the requested information and it can be reopened if needed.

You can view the whole report at http://debbugs.gnu.org/BUGNUMBER

Chong Yidong wrote:

> I assume you're referring to the GTK Open File widget's autocompletion
> feature.  It work for me with latest CVS trunk, with
>
>   GNU Emacs 23.1.50.12 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.1)
>
> Could you try and see if the CVS sources and/or the 23.1 source release
> have this problem?

Subject: autocompletion broken
From: Angelo Borsotti <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 13:36:02 +0100

To: [email-masked]
Subject: 23.1.50; open file autocompletion missing
From: angelo
<[email-masked]>
--text follows this line--

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing
list.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

Run Emacs, select File->Open File, and type the first characters
of an existing file. The autocompletion feature does not display
the files whose name starts with the introduced characters.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
If you would like to further debug the crash, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/etc/DEBUG for instructions.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.0)
 of 2009-09-27 on palmer, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 1:20090909-1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10604000
configured using `configure  '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--host'
'i486-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib'
'--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
'--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
'--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
'--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu'
'host_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000
-g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g -Wl,--as-needed' 'CPPFLAGS=''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert>
<kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert>
<kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert>
<kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert>
<kp-insert> <kp-insert> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <kp-delete>
<kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert>
<kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert>
<kp-right> <f12> <kp-right> <f12> <kp-left> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> / * <kp-insert>
<kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert>
<kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert>
<kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert> <kp-insert>
* / <return> <f12> <kp-right> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1>
<double-mouse-1> <down-mouse-3> <mouse-3> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-2>
<mouse-2> <help-echo> <help-echo> <tool-bar> <save-buffer>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <kp-insert> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<f12> <kp-space> <f12> <kp-multiply> b a d SPC e <backspace>
a d d <kp-left> <help-echo> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<f12> <kp-left> <help-echo> <help-echo> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <f12> <kp-insert> p r
i n t f ( " 5 d <backspace> <backspace> % d \ n " ,
E F A U L T ) ; <help-echo> <tool-bar> <save-buffer>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <kp-insert> <up>
<kp-subtract> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <tool-bar> <new-file> M-x r e p o <tab>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-2>

Recent messages:
Mark set [2 times]
Selected text CUT to kill ring
Mark set
Saving file /media/Volume/corso/signals.c...
Wrote /media/Volume/corso/signals.c
Saving file /media/Volume/corso/signals.c...
Wrote /media/Volume/corso/signals.c
Auto-saving...done
Quit
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup