Subject: bug#48372: org-drill not working on emacs26.3

From: [email-masked] (Reiner Hellbrück)
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 00:23:12 +0200

A friendly hello,

some time ago, I used org-drill with emacs27 and it worked fine. After a
fresh install of ubuntu, I changed to emacs26.3. When running 'M-x
org-drill' the following message appears:

'version-to-list: Invalid version syntax: ‘’ (must start with a
number)'.

The same happens when putting '(require 'org-drill)' in my
'.emacs'-file and running 'M-x eval-buffer'.

Best regards

R. Hellbrück

Supplement:

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.14)
 of 2020-03-26, modified by Debian built on lcy01-amd64-020
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12009000
System Description:	Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS

Recent messages:
Wrote /tmp/babel-XPyeRR/ob-input-JIWCwQ
Code block evaluation complete.
Mark set [2 times]
Undo!
executing R code block...
Wrote /tmp/babel-XPyeRR/ob-input-lwckTe
Code block evaluation complete.
Mark set
Undo!
Added 2 events for today

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/26.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/26.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils --build
 x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd
 --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/26.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/26.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils --with-x=yes
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs-mEZBk7/emacs-26.3+1=. -fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  ess-elisp-trace-mode: Toggle tracing of ess-prefixed functions.
Tracing is useful for debugging background ESS behaviour. When
enabled, all functions prefixed in `ess-' and `inferior-ess' are
instrumented with `trace-function'. Tracing is turned off by
calling `untrace-function' on these functions.
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ox-texinfo hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-mscgen hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-lint hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-lint
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-protocol hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-haskell hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-shen hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-sass hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-io hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-clock hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-table hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-table
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ox-ascii hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ox-beamer hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ox-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-timer hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-archive hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-sql hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-css hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-eval hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-comint hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-entities hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-hledger hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-hledger
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-asymptote hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-octave hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-ref hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-perl hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-stan hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-stan
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-datetree hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-scheme hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ox-html hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-forth hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-forth
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-core hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-pcomplete hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-capture hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-id hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-id
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ox-man hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-R hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-lua hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-lua
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-maxima hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-picolisp hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-matlab hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-processing hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-processing
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-awk hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-mouse hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-plot hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-src hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-src
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-lob hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-attach hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-agenda hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-org hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-tangle hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-calc hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-faces hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-compat hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-clojure hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-J hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-J
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-sed hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-sed
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-footnote hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-fortran hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ox-icalendar hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ox-publish hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-table hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-version hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-version
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-ocaml hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-element hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-element
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-loaddefs hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-habit hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-macro hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-dot hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-C hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-lilypond hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-crypt hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-java hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-abc hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-abc
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-feed hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ox hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-inlinetask hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-duration hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-duration
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-mobile hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-vala hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-vala
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-ctags hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-python hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ox-odt hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-plantuml hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-ebnf hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ebnf
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-sqlite hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-makefile hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-colview hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-screen hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-macs hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-indent hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-ruby hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-coq hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-coq
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ox-org hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-groovy hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-groovy
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-js hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/org-list hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-list
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ox-md hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-shell hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-shell
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-ledger hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-ditaa hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/rh-2015/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.4/ob-exp hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-exp

Features:
(shadow sort bbdb-message flyspell ispell mail-extr emacsbug sendmail
misearch multi-isearch cursor-sensor vc-mtn vc-hg vc-git diff-mode
vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc vc-dispatcher imenu
ess-r-mode ess-r-flymake ess-r-xref xref ess-trns ess-r-package
ess-r-completion ess-roxy ess-r-syntax ess-rd hideshow ess-s-lang
ess-help ess-mode ess-inf ess-tracebug ess ess-utils ess-custom project
epa-file sh-script smie executable rx org-duration cal-iso face-remap
elec-pair flymake-proc flymake compile thingatpt auto-complete edmacro
kmacro popup ox-reveal ox-ipynb warnings dash json map s ox-org ox-md
ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar
ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox cl bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm bbdb
bbdb-site timezone org-element avl-tree generator cl-extra help-mode
ol-eww eww mm-url url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap shr svg
xml dom browse-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnir gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls
gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win
gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit ol-docview doc-view jka-compr
image-mode dired dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m
org-agenda org-refile appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs ob-shell shell ob-R
org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat advice
org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs tango-dark-theme paren time cus-start cus-load finder-inf
info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source
cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 392936 34330)
 (symbols 48 46575 2)
 (miscs 40 914 1368)
 (strings 32 120643 6333)
 (string-bytes 1 3801125)
 (vectors 16 46921)
 (vector-slots 8 873736 21912)
 (floats 8 318 456)
 (intervals 56 2577 0)
 (buffers 992 23))