Subject: bug#4836: closed (Re: bug#4836: "<S-packet> is undefined" when using AutoHotKey)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 07:58:02 +0000

Your bug report

#4836: "<S-packet> is undefined" when using AutoHotKey

which was filed against the emacs,w32 package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
4836: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=4836
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#4836: "<S-packet> is undefined" when using AutoHotKey
From: Jason Rumney <[email-masked]>
To: Glenn Linderman <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 15:57:58 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

  On 31/10/2009 7:36 AM, Glenn Linderman wrote:
> emacs 22.1.1 worked fine with autohotkey.  I have macros for 
> correcting my common typos, and accelerating commonly entered items, 
> and entering characters not found on the keyboard.
>
> Seems none of the autohotkey macros works with emacs 23.1, instead 
> they generate an error "<S-packet> is undefined".

Apparently the "packet" key code is special, so we shouldn't treat it as 
a function key.

I have removed it from the list of function keys that Emacs recognizes, 
so the behaviour should go back to what it was before.  However my 
testing shows that we cannot receive Unicode characters outside the 
current codepage using VK_PACKET as Windows replaces such characters 
with '?' by the time we receive them. It appears that a low level 
keyboard hook may be able to retrieve the original character though, so 
if we receive Lennart's cleaned up keyboard hook patches I'll try to 
look at VK_PACKET support again.

Subject: "<S-packet> is undefined" when using AutoHotKey
From: Glenn Linderman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 16:36:55 -0700

emacs 22.1.1 worked fine with autohotkey.  I have macros for correcting 
my common typos, and accelerating commonly entered items, and entering 
characters not found on the keyboard.

Seems none of the autohotkey macros works with emacs 23.1, instead they 
generate an error "<S-packet> is undefined".

Guess I'll have to switch back to emacs 22.1.1, as it worked fine for 
me, until this issue can be resolved.