Subject: bug#48350: 28.0.50; bytecomp-tests--dest-mountpoint test failure

From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 16:42:48 +0200

Am Di., 11. Mai 2021 um 16:07 Uhr schrieb Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>:
>
>
> This test started failing a few weeks ago:
>
> Test bytecomp-tests--dest-mountpoint backtrace:
>   signal(ert-test-failed (((status . 255) (output . "Cannot open load
>   ert-fail(((status . 255) (output . "Cannot open load file: No such f
>   (if (eql status 0) nil (ert-fail (list (cons 'status status) (cons '
>   (let ((status (call-process bwrap nil t nil "--ro-bind" "/" "/" "--b
>   (progn (let ((status (call-process bwrap nil t nil "--ro-bind" "/" "
>   (unwind-protect (progn (let ((status (call-process bwrap nil t nil "
>   (save-current-buffer (set-buffer temp-buffer) (unwind-protect (progn
>   (let ((temp-buffer (generate-new-buffer " *temp*" t))) (save-current
>   (let* ((input-file (expand-file-name "test.el" directory)) (output-f
>   (unwind-protect (let* ((input-file (expand-file-name "test.el" direc
>   (let ((directory (make-temp-file "bytecomp-tests-" :directory))) (un
>   (let ((bwrap (executable-find "bwrap")) (emacs (expand-file-name inv
>   (closure (t) nil (let ((bwrap (executable-find "bwrap")) (emacs (exp
>   ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
>   ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name bytecomp-tests--dest-mountpoint :docu
>   ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
>   ert-run-tests((not (tag :unstable)) #f(compiled-function (event-type
>   ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :unstable)))
>   ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :unstable)))
>   command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-L" "./../../elpa/packages/url-http-ntlm/
>   command-line()
>   normal-top-level()
> Test bytecomp-tests--dest-mountpoint condition:
>     (ert-test-failed
>      ((status . 255)
>       (output . "Cannot open load file: No such file or directory, debug\12")))
>    FAILED   8/75  bytecomp-tests--dest-mountpoint (0.036923 sec)
>
> This apparently only happens if you have bwrap (part of the bubblewrap
> package) installed -- otherwise the test is skipped.
>

That doesn't happen for me, even with bwrap installed. The error
message seems to imply that the sandboxed Emacs can't load its builtin
libraries; maybe they are inaccessible or the load path is not set up
correctly? The stack trace entry
    command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-L" "./../../elpa/packages/url-http-ntlm/
makes it look like you're using a nonstandard load path that includes
some directories that are not part of Emacs, maybe that's the problem?