Subject: 28.0.50; bytecomp-tests--dest-mountpoint test failure

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 16:05:29 +0200

This test started failing a few weeks ago:

Test bytecomp-tests--dest-mountpoint backtrace:
  signal(ert-test-failed (((status . 255) (output . "Cannot open load 
  ert-fail(((status . 255) (output . "Cannot open load file: No such f
  (if (eql status 0) nil (ert-fail (list (cons 'status status) (cons '
  (let ((status (call-process bwrap nil t nil "--ro-bind" "/" "/" "--b
  (progn (let ((status (call-process bwrap nil t nil "--ro-bind" "/" "
  (unwind-protect (progn (let ((status (call-process bwrap nil t nil "
  (save-current-buffer (set-buffer temp-buffer) (unwind-protect (progn
  (let ((temp-buffer (generate-new-buffer " *temp*" t))) (save-current
  (let* ((input-file (expand-file-name "test.el" directory)) (output-f
  (unwind-protect (let* ((input-file (expand-file-name "test.el" direc
  (let ((directory (make-temp-file "bytecomp-tests-" :directory))) (un
  (let ((bwrap (executable-find "bwrap")) (emacs (expand-file-name inv
  (closure (t) nil (let ((bwrap (executable-find "bwrap")) (emacs (exp
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name bytecomp-tests--dest-mountpoint :docu
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
  ert-run-tests((not (tag :unstable)) #f(compiled-function (event-type
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :unstable)))
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-L" "./../../elpa/packages/url-http-ntlm/
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test bytecomp-tests--dest-mountpoint condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((status . 255)
      (output . "Cannot open load file: No such file or directory, debug\12")))
   FAILED   8/75  bytecomp-tests--dest-mountpoint (0.036923 sec)

This apparently only happens if you have bwrap (part of the bubblewrap
package) installed -- otherwise the test is skipped.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 71, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-05-10 built on xo
Repository revision: aa354dd55b213b86ee8e3aa0365a6ad915838458
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation'

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no