Subject: Re: bug#48343: Cannot boot after installation

From: Bone Baboon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 15:33:51 -0400

Looks like you are running into many of the problems I had when I
installed Guix on a computer.

Sergey Petrov writes:
> Hi Brendan! It works, I can proceed to system now
>
> On 5/12/21 10:17 PM, Brendan Tildesley wrote:
>> If setting nomodeset is the answer, there is a trick you can use in
>> GRUB to set it before boot.
>> Apparently in GRUB, you:
>>
>> 1. Press e
>> 2. Edit the linux ... line to add nomodeset as an option
>> 3. Press ctrl X
>>
>> I just found the instructions here
>> https://duckduckgo.com/?q=grub+nomode+set 
>> <https://duckduckgo.com/?q=grub+nomode+set>

If you were able to manually use nomodeset in Grub then you should be
able to add that snippet for the Linux kernel argument nomodeset that I
shared and reconfigure your system.  Then you will not need to manually
enter nomodeset in Grub each time you boot.

> but terminal only, my WM (Enlightenment) cannot initialize. I think I
> can give a try to some other WMs and check how it goes.

You may find this has useful information in regards to getting a
graphical environment working:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2021-04/msg00220.html