Subject: bug#48340: python-django: django crashes with this message, DistributionNotFound.

From: Salman Mohammadi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 00:20:32 +0200

Hi,

I'm running python-django on top of Debian Sid, after running

$ django-admin startproject test

I get this error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/salman/.guix-profile/bin/django-admin", line 6, in <module>
     from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
   File 
"/gnu/store/hq7qr7nc2j29z3pivm3azfjy6jq3d7nx-python-3.8.2/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", 
line 3251, in <module>
     def _initialize_master_working_set():
   File 
"/gnu/store/hq7qr7nc2j29z3pivm3azfjy6jq3d7nx-python-3.8.2/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", 
line 3234, in _call_aside
     f(*args, **kwargs)
   File 
"/gnu/store/hq7qr7nc2j29z3pivm3azfjy6jq3d7nx-python-3.8.2/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", 
line 3263, in _initialize_master_working_set
     working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()
   File 
"/gnu/store/hq7qr7nc2j29z3pivm3azfjy6jq3d7nx-python-3.8.2/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", 
line 583, in _build_master
     ws.require(__requires__)
   File 
"/gnu/store/hq7qr7nc2j29z3pivm3azfjy6jq3d7nx-python-3.8.2/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", 
line 900, in require
     needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
   File 
"/gnu/store/hq7qr7nc2j29z3pivm3azfjy6jq3d7nx-python-3.8.2/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", 
line 786, in resolve
     raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'Django==3.2.2' distribution was 
not found and is required by the application

Thanks,

Salman